Friday, April 17, 2009

Off to find a steer!




Today Mom and I hauled Hottie to Gibson Ranch in Sunland, CA. This is a great roping ranch! I am leaving her there until Sunday when we are going to ride in a poker ride through Hanson Dam.

She loaded up all by herself! No prickly broom this time. So I knew it was going to be a great day. We got there and she unloaded like she had been there all her life. I put her in a stall and went to get some lunch. Came back, tacked her up, lunged her for a second and got on. We went into the big arena and she was very good. We got a steer out and she loved it! No one could believe she had just over 60 days training from the wild. She laid her ears back and just went after him. She looks kinda ugly with her ears like that but she was all business she is very cowy. I was pretty happy with her.

Tomorrow we are going to Los Angeles Equestrian Center to the adoption and they want Hottie to visit to show what can be done with the mustang. Which is really cool! I am excited to show off my shiny little black mare!

2 comments:

  1. Chasing cows is fun, isn't it? Did she take to it as easily as Sandy did last weekend? Looks like perhaps she did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes with a little more agression. She wanted to go after it faster than I wanted her to as you can see with her ears pinned! She had no fear whatsoever she saw them and was drawn right to them. I hope I can come home with her like you did Steve Holt! and Sandy!

    ReplyDelete