Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Away for the weekend.

I was away in San Diego for my cousin's wedding in San Diego. Yesterday I moved Hottie back from the Roping Ranch she had a gelding next to her that thought he was a stallion so everytime I took her from the stall he would scream and holler. I couldn't get anything positive done there.

Hopefully she will settle down because we really need to get some good work done in 2 weeks. She has a bunch to learn before we compete. I hope we can get it done! THANK GOD IT IS ALL MARES IN NORCO! I am not sure how she will be with the foals though. Remember the mini incident!

Good thoughts everyone! Any advise on how to handle the stress of the deadline is welcome! Tracy, Michelle any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't give Faith any special treatment when she was in season. Heck, she was moody all of the time (even when she wasn't in heat). I think you just need to be extra firm and consistent with her during these times. Start back with square one. Go through the motions as quickly as possible, but don't skip any important steps. That way she is in her working brain and knows that you are the lead mare. Change activities/directions often.

    I know there are supplements out there that might help, but I am not familar with them. Your feed store or vet may know.

    IMO, you will get through this IF (and it's a big IF) you are "with it." Don't let her push you around but keep your emotions in check. A pushy mare can wind you up faster than anything. In my experience, the more wound up you get, the worse the horse gets.

    ReplyDelete