Thursday, April 16, 2009

2 huge paints and a little black mustang!

My mother in law is visiting the grandkids from Arkansas this week so I have had a little more help with Sydney! I got to go out on a 2 hour trail ride. It has been a long time since I have been able to relax and not worry about getting back within an hour. So many thanks to Elaine!

Today Hottie and I rode out with our friend Karen Van Pelt she had two to work. We had a great time! We went up and down hill considerably better than we did the last time we went out. We trotted out and cantered a bit. It was too much fun! Slowing down going down hill needs work but with most babies down hill takes a bit of getting used to. I am very happy with her behavior she saw a shopping cart and walked right up and put her nose on it. Very cool! We did almost get attacked by a piece of flying cardboard because it was windy today. She took 2 steps that I thought could have turned into a bolt but came right back as soon as I asked! We went the whole length of the creek in the water as to avoid the quick sand that has arrived since the fire and rains. Im happy with my horse! Did I mention how good my little black mare was? AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. you gotta watch those flying cardboard things! they ATTACK at the most inconvenient times..we met sandbags the other day and Gidget took Mary on one of those carnival rides..whoohoo..sometimes i have to pee it's so funny! :)

    ReplyDelete