Friday, April 3, 2009

40 Days left!

I am feeling pretty good about where I am with 40 days left. I sit and study You Tube and watch the Top Ten Final Performances from past Makeovers. I have never been the kind of person that runs mach 10 around the arena while cracking a bull whip, bareback and jumping through fire hoops. Even good reiners have control of their speed and are framed up in the big fast! I am more of a finesse, collection, frame, transitions, etc. type of trainer. It is easy to run fast it's hard to collect up and lope! I am hoping that in the end tricks and glitz dont overshadow traditional training. I haven't ever had to load a horse into the bed of my truck and hope I never have to! I don't want to offend anyone but I think in the end what we want are useful marketable horses, there is not much call for changing a lightbulb while standing on your saddle aboard your horse. Although it could be good for harvesting apples and oranges? Do I really have to come up with a gimmick? (CRAP) It goes against everything I stand for!
Anyway about today! I hooked on to my friend Karen and her client Ashley as she went down the street to work horses she has in training. I want to thank Total Equestrian Experience for allowing us to come in and visit! They offer a great lesson program here in Chatsworth for all level of riders and can be found at http://www.totalequestrianexperience.ning.com/ . I also got to see an old friend from the Arab shows. She owns the facility that the program works out of! It was great to see her and talk with her! She is now a realtor in the area so for all of your Real Estate needs call Courtney Surfas in Chatsworth!
Hottie was great all the way there and even passed through a covered carport with many scary things under it. I got off of Hottie and all was well. Hottie was grazing on the lawn while I was watching Ashley long line her gigantic PMU horse when all hell broke loose behind me. (thats where Hottie had been grazing) She got spooked and ran bucking and squalling through the yard to where the yellow wagon was (if you look carefully you can see a hint of yellow in the picture) and then stopped. She didn't hurt anything or run into anything or anyone. I went and got her and we went back to standing on the rail observing! She was perfect for the 2 hours we stood there watching horses get worked!

The trip back was uneventful. As you can see I am again in the middle of the street while the broke horses are by the curb!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the lighing the horse on fire and jumping into the back of a truck. who in their right mind would do that on a daily basis?! There is an AQHA judge on the panel, so i'm thinkin' i'll thorw a headset on her and peanut roll ourselves around the pen! ha! ha! Mary and I were talking about what to do the other day if we do happen to get into the finals..and she used to vault and we used to play polo...and from what i've seen, no one has done any of those yet! lol.

    ReplyDelete