Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back to the ground driving.

I have been a bit worried and decided today to really get back to basics with Hottie. I saddled her tied. (thats a first) Because she has been know to dump my saddle for no reason. Then I decided I needed to get out the long lines and really enforce WHOA no matter what. WHOA DANG IT! I untied her after I put her saddle on and proceeded to add a curcingle to the equasion and like a flash she was gone! Bucking and Squalling all the way to the other end of the arena. I retrieved her and threw it all over her and got it hooked up. I added her bridle and then the long lines and like a flash she was gone! Bucking and squalling but UH OH, I said WHOA DANG IT and she leap into the air like a gazelle and reared and fought me and went to work. I hate that! I hate that her flight response is soooo violent! She was awesome though and after the long lining I got on and she rode great. Mission completed! Again tomorrow with a few more elements added for shock value and hopefully we can get her to stop overreacting!

1 comment:

  1. tarps, saddles, flags, and white polo wraps hanging all over her stall so she has no "safe" place to stand.

    it works, ask ruger. :)

    ReplyDelete