Sunday, March 29, 2009

She loads!

When I got to Hottie today she was at the back of her stall looking at the property next door with her head up as far as she could get it! She then started running around the stall and back to the same spot. I got her halter and went in caught her and looked over to see what the fuss was about. MINIS! I know there are no wild miniature horses so I guess these are very interesting to her. Im not quite sure what she thinks they are but they do put her over the edge. I proceeded to take her from her chosen viewing location and she protested by trying to drag me back. When that didn't work she reared up and struck out (not at me) to show how displeased she was with my choice of her having to leave. Then we got to the door of the box stall and she tried her best to get back to her viewing spot. To no avail she gave in and went to the arena. I proceeded to lunge her to try to get some of the adrenaline out of her she was worked up about the minis! Once she realized that she was no longer going to be able to act up over the miniature horses she decided she was tired of running around in circles and calmed down.

I then took her and she loaded right up in to the trailer, we casually backed out (mine is a step up, not a ramp) she had no problem with backing down! So we did it about 4 more times and called it a day. I have put in a call to my BFF Teresa and asked to borrow a mini to let Hottie view up close! Maybe then she will see they are just little horses and nothing to get all worked up about! BTW she doesn't like goats either! I have seen Camels walking down the street in Norco. I sure hope they don't break those out during the competition!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loading, and too funny about the minis! Glad she didn't hurt you in her defiance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camels AND zebras! oh my! I've seen some odd stuff on the streets of norco. :) I talked to Lori DeWitt the other day and she said it would be awesome if we did the "Mustang Meeting" and she would come..one of her mares dropped a foal too..

    ReplyDelete