Saturday, March 28, 2009

Amber works with Hottie!

Today I brought my 8 year old daughter Amber with me. She groomed Hottie and picked her front feet. She also lead her around and backed her up.

Then I tacked her up and rode her in the round pen, she was great. She was very forward today! She didn't want to suck back like last time. She was walking around like she was having a good time, turning, stopping when asked and looking at the cars passing outside the gate. I brought Amber in and showed her how you put a foot in the stirrup and stand up. They both did great. Sydney has sat up on Hottie but Amber isn't ready yet.

I then proceeded to the trailer. We got 2 feet in on our own 5 times and quit on that! Tomorrow we will get all 4 in and be ready to go to ETI Corral 118 show next weekend to show in halter and in hand trail! (I HOPE)

1 comment:

  1. I always put some alfalfa in the front of the trailer. It works wonders. :)

    ReplyDelete