Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Finally decided we should tie.

I decided we should brave being tied up today. I knew she would have a problem as she doesnt really like restriction. First I tried the fancy Blocker Tie ring, marketing is such a marvel. I have no use for a ring that teaches your horse to get away if they back far enough. So once she learned that if she backed up enough she was free next came hard tying and full blown sitting down mouth gapped, striking in the air, etc. Three leadropes went to heaven today and with no fancy gadgets, Hottie ties for fly spray, showsheen and being tacked up. Someone on Ebay will get themselves a fancy gadget cheap because tying is tying and has been for hundreds of years. So like Jennifer White says "pull up your big girl panties" and teach your horse to tie!

3 comments:

  1. whoo hoo!! :)

    I had to pull my big girl panties out of somewhere they shouldn't have been yesterday when gidget reared and struck.. yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Kristi! We are also teaching tying - and we're about even in killing leadropes - why don't they make sturdier snaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's the snap that's breaking, just take them out. Tie the rope to the halter using a bowline. It will come undone. Trust me, I lived on a boat for 6 years.

    ReplyDelete