Sunday, May 10, 2009

We are happily progressing!



I am very excited to say that I have been cantering on the correct lead quietly and willingly both directions. The gait is not as pronounced but that is ok she is taking everything in stride and doing very well. I have been practicing trail obstacles for the horse course and trying to figure out what to do if I am lucky enough to make the finals. I found the press kit for our competition online and it says there are 27 horses coming out of the 36 that originally started and that 5 of them have foals at their side. From what I understand those 5 will be competing seperately from us. For those of you attending they will be auctioning the mare and foals as a package and will be having a "Baby Shower" for them and "Mommy and Me" classes!


That leaves 22 competing in my category so almost half will be in the finals. I realized I needed to come up with something! My little gaited mare is not going to be doing any reining patterns but I will think of something cool! Mixing the music is challenging I am not in any way technically inclined. Hopefully I figure it out! I really love this horse and as the days grow nearer to our competition the auction is very scary. I really hate the idea that I may lose my horse due to lack of funds. I hope there is a fairy godperson out there somewhere or a good deed I have done will come around and help me out here! I really want to take her to Reno to show her at the big mustang show there! God willing........ Hey Jenn and Mary wanna go?

3 comments:

  1. Bring on the water works. I swear that's what worked for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sure that wont be a problem! I cry already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kristy, why don't you do something that shows up her gaiting, like carrying a glass of wine like they do at the Paso Fino shows? Becky :)

    ReplyDelete