Sunday, May 24, 2009

Anyone for the Wild Horse and Burro Expo in Reno?

I have decided that the Mustang Makeovers are not for me, I had decided that the politics of showing in my area (Arabians) had gotten too bad, I decided to try the makeovers thinking it was a level playing field with everyone on the same level. That proved not to be true so I have decided to go in a new direction with the wild horse. I am going to take Hottie up to the Expo in Reno and see what Wild Horse Shows are all about! My goal is to put together a small show circuit of 6 shows that will be for Mustangs only and they will offer day end high points and year end high point prizes. I happen to come from a promotional background so I have the experience to put it together I just need to do a bit of research first! The class list for Reno is available and looks fun! www.wildhorseandburroexpo.com

Who would like to join us in Reno? I would love to meet some of the other Mustang owners there and have a great time with our great animals!

I am still going to take part in the Trainer Incentive Program, I do think it is a excellent program that will give the horse an advantage to being adopted!

3 comments:

  1. I AM SO IN! I absolutly LOVE the idea of starting a Mustang "Club" that puts on shows. Every other breed has clubs, why shouldn't the musties!? Plus I know where we could get killer graphics for logos and premimums! *wink wink* Lets get this shit started!

    Oh, and I'm also going to Reno! :) Showmanship and Western pleasure baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to, but it's simply too far away for us.

    Too bad the politics seems to be taking over the Makeovers. Guess that happens once money gets involved. Sounds like Norco was pretty controversial; too bad. My experience in Sacramento last year was awesome...this year in Oregon wasn't bad, either; just got to keep in mind that it's a personal challenge and the horse's welfare is #1 :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that the Extreme Mustang Makeover will be coming back to the Northwest Horse Expo in Albany, Oregon?
    Did you know that on August 31, 2009 there will be an internet adoption? There are some AMAZING looking horses on the site.
    Did you know that the Burn corral in Oregon are gathering their spectacular paint herd this fall? Talk about splash and chrome. Those are some of the most beautiful horses with shockingly wonderful confirmation. Tall and built for anything.

    ReplyDelete