Friday, May 15, 2009

Having a blast!


Those are all mustang butts! 2 Challenge horses and Roxanne (Becky's 15 year old mustang mare)
Rodeo Burger tie up! I hooked my reins on my
noseband. Of course being Hottie she pulled back and broke the noseband but it was fun anyway!





We are having such fun! Yesterday we went riding all over Norco! I tagged along with Jennifer White, Mary and Jenn's mom Becky. They showed me all around the town of Norco. We even stopped for a drink at Rodeo Burger. This town has pens and tie up areas everywhere so you can do your shopping while riding. They showed me the beautiful river also!







Today was our first day of competition. I didn't do great but am happy with what we did. Hottie didn't get in the trailer. Im sure she could sense my doubt of if she would do it so just took advantage of that. Then remember a couple weeks ago when I trailered out her and got dumped by the huge rock? Of course thats where our rural challenge started! Woo hoo so it was almost a goat rodeo but disaster avoided and away we went! I am so proud of her she did awesome. The judges scored me low but who cares? Thats their opinion and I am stoked about the fact that she was AWESOME! We saw a huge black lizard soaking up the sun on a rock and a non venomous snake of some sort. I had a wonderful time and my mare has an enormous heart. She was not really in the shape to do some of the hills we did. She just went. I realize I really needed more than an hour a day with her but what can you do with a 2 year old to care for? You make due and thats what we did!

By the way Lanny Leach has an awesome horse named Soso that is currently 1st! I am very happy to say Jennifer is currently 9th WOO HOO and if Mary was allowed to be scored she would sit 10th. Way to go my friends! You kick ass!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Norco looks like a fun place to own a horse :-)

    The river is beautiful! I am glad you're enjoying yourself, that is what's important! Keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, Cowgirl! And Hottie, too! I'm glad you're having a good time. I'm just so absolutely jealous and wish I could be there to cheer y'all on.

    ReplyDelete