Friday, May 8, 2009

It all clicked!

Today was an awesome trail ride. I decided to change saddles the other day and put my moms Tucker saddle on Hottie. Wow, what a difference that saddle makes! It is one of the most comfortable saddles I have ever ridden in. It doesn't move on my horse at all. It sits me about 4 inches more forward than my roping saddle. I had such a great ride today we started on the bridle path went up under the freeway overpass, across the hands free bridge, up the fire road took a steep little goat path with a bunch of rocks back down and she was awesome! She has learned to tuck her butt down hill with me on her. I was worried about that! We then went down the middle of our stream back around to the freeway again and home. Nothing bothered her she was amazing and she actually had a great time too! We gaited all over and even cantered 6 strides. That was the first ride where she actually didn't fight me at all about anything! I am so proud of her! I really needed that ride, I was starting to doubt if we are ready or not, I am confident we will do fine! (that doesn't mean win, just means middle of the pack) I am extremely superstitious about jinxing myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment