Sunday, May 17, 2009

Not top ten but one of the high sellers?


What a day.
First I want to start off by saying I had a great time! What an experience. I am not sure I can handle that again, emotionally speaking!

I was a complete wreck today at the auction. Like it said in our rules and regulations I showed my horse to her best at the auction by riding her in. Not everyone who wanted to keep their horse did that. I started out crying telling them I wanted to please keep her and be kind by letting her come home with me and my kids. The gentleman in the red shirt was not kind and when the bidding got up to $2000.00 I was hysterical but still showing my horse to the best of my hysterical ability. I could not afford $2000.00 let alone for it to go much higher. People in the stands were bringing down cash and handing it to me. Many people were crying right along with me. I was not even in the top ten but for some reason he thought she was worth more than most of the top ten horses. The Champion went for $3600.00! HELLO MR. RED SHIRT? When the bidding got to $2300.00 Patti Colbert (executive director of the Mustang Heritage Foundation) decided that was enough I guess and had someone outbid the guy and closed the sale, I had stopped bidding and was sobbing literally! I think he was not going to stop until he got her. I heard her say sold for $2400.00 and going home with her trainer! Somehow, I bought my horse for $2400.00! Whatever happened I dont care. We brought Hottie home and I am happy to have her. I think I need to borrow some money and I sure hope they dont put that check in tomorrow!

What a great weekend! Thanks to everyone for their support!

5 comments:

  1. YAY! Hottie is back home where she belongs!! I don't know that I could have handled that. Thank goodness Patti stepped in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a weekend. I was up at inglalls all weekend helping with Tiny Dancer. During the auction I about threw my vitamin water at the man in the red shirt.... I couldn't believe it. So happy that you and hottie are together! You did a great job with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were some strange things going on at that auction...Lanny's totally frickin' awesome horse went for $1950, but that little almost lame mare that didn't get ridden I had to pay $2000 for...WTF????

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be back. You're addicted!

    But I agree, it's an emotional journey just like the acceptance letter says. Steve Holt! was my second makeover horse and it doesn't get any easier.

    Last year I didn't ride Sandy as he came down lame. Still, someone bid us up to our top dollar amount (how'd they know how high we'd go???), and he went for more than one of the top ten horses. Crazy, eh?

    Glad Hottie is home. You've done well by her. Now tell us...will you work on her gaitedness?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I am going to work on her gait! I gaited her a little in the 90 second freestyle and my mom said the judges looked at each other "like what the heck"? I thought it was funny! I did get her to canter though!

    I really had a great time!

    ReplyDelete