Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One day left....

I was going through all of the pictures yesterday that we have taken in the 90 days I have had Hottie. What a great experience this has been, I laughed, cried and laughed some more. I really want to thank my sponsors again! Damoors Feed and Tack in Burbank, CA., just down the street from the Los Angeles Equestrian Center, please go pay them a visit if your near by! Caren Bramhall for believing in me and making it possible for me to actually achieve a goal that I had set last year when my mom and I attended the Extreme Mustang Makeover at the Western States Expo in Sacramento (coming again in June). I had no way of making it come true without the generous use of her facility and housing of Hottie for the 3 months she has been with us! Karen Monroe at Wells Fargo Equine Insurance for believing in my ability and putting her name behind it! Virginia at Great Western Insurance for taking on the risk of a wild horse (no claims to date)! Then of course my family for being patient with me and babysitting when I needed it!

I am happy to say that I have many people who love me and are going to try to make sure Hottie comes home Sunday! From as near as sitting on the couch next to me, to as far as my amazing family in Arkansas (love you all), Hottie and I have reached many people through this experience and I appreciate their support! I am excited to say the only thing I am worried about now is doing our best and showing people what AWESOME HORSES MUSTANGS REALLY ARE AND THE AMAZING THINGS THEY CAN DO FROM WILD TO 90 DAYS! Lets hope we make it to the finals!

Again, I will be updating throughout the event at www.twitter.com/showbrat feel free to add yourself if you are interested in what is going on this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your progress with Hottie, and can't wait to hear how she does at the show (I'm sure she will do great!). I have my fingers crossed that she comes home with you. Good luck with everything!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck in the competition! Remember to breath and try to enjoy it. If it's anything like GEMM, it will go by fast. Have someone take lots of pictures so you can see what you missed. Be careful and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Don't worry to much about making the finals, if you and your horse perform as well as you know you can, you'll be just fine... and you'll be satisfied with wherever you place.

    I hope you bring her home, and the only tears you have to shed are happy ones! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Hon! I'll be waiting anxiously to hear you've got Hottie in your hands come Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy every minute while at the competition because it will fly by. You will meet so many amazing people there, all of you with the same common goal and that is showcasing these wonderful, amazing horses. You & Hottie will do great-you have done so much with her. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete