Monday, May 4, 2009

Finally we canter.

My baby girl Sydney! She loves her Hottie girl! No more cast!








I am so lucky to have good friends! I was able to use Sue's arena today which is bigger than Caren's and finally was able to get my little black gaiting mustang to canter! Woo hoo. I also had another bucking disaster on Sunday so I have changed into a short shanked snaffle bit for a little more leverage if it ever happens again I will be able to pull her head up. We actually had a nice ride on Sunday at Ingalls Arena until the bucking incident! I will say that the incline they told us we are going to have to ride up is a friggen rocky hill. I was a little discouraged after the bucking incident but am good now. I have put it all in perspective in my head and realize that any other horse I would be training at this point I would not be pressing this hard and this little mare trys her heart out to learn what I want from her. She had caution tape all over her today and tin cans tied all over her also. Around her neck is just a remnant to remind her to behave or for people to stay away!




1 comment:

  1. ingalls is open for a free ride on wednesday if you want to try again. we are going up there, it opens at 9am

    ReplyDelete